Our Committment To You
Global Children Care is committed to protecting your privacy. We collect, store and use some of your personal information so we can help those in need. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
When we refer to Global Children Care it also includes our sister non-profit foundation in the United States that we founded in 2010, it is called Global Children Care USA (and it is a charitable project of United Charitable in the United States see our Donations page for further details as well as our About Us page) we established this foundation to increase our donor base and because it enables us to give a tax deduction to US donors.
Information We Collect
The kind of personal information we collect to store will depend on the type of Global Children Care initiatives you support or enquire about. Personal information collected by us may include
* Your contact information-name, address, email address, phone number,
mobile phone number.
* Your date of birth, gender, occupation and employer.
* Your employer details and income, if you participate in work place giving.
* Your Global Children Benefactor or Donor number.
* Your Global Children Care web site username and password and activities performed when you login to a Global Children Care related web site.
* Your bank account or credit card details.
* A history of your donations, correspondences and other interactions with
Global Children Care.
* Certain details about your personal interests.
* Where directly provided by you with your consent, associations with churches, political and philosophical beliefs and values.
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to process your donation or provide information or other products or services you request.
How We Collect Information
There are a number of ways we collect information from you. These include
* Directly from you when you provide information by phone, in person, via our website, on coupons or response forms.
* From third parties who organize fund raising activities on our behalf.
* From a third party known to you who makes a donation and gives it to you or nominates you as the recipient of communication regarding that donation.
* From third parties such as our sister charity Global Children Care USA which is a registered project in the United States under the United Charitable and credit card providers where we seek authorization for your payment.
* From our own records of how much you have donated or your level of interaction
with our services.
* From publicly available sources of information.
* When we introduce our individual child sponsrship program, as we are legally required to do so, checks such as security and police checks if you wish to visit your sponsored child in an overseas country.
How Your Information Is Used
Your personal information may be used to
* Process your donation and provide receipts.
* Provide you with information on how your donation is used.
* Provide you with confirmation of your donation and advise you of any changes to its status in relation to your sponsored scholarship child.
* Confirm your identity when you make enquiries about your donation.
* Communicate with you about the work that Global Children Care is undertaking.
* Address any feedback or complaints you may have.
* Answer your queries.
* Develop, improve and market our range of causes, programs and events, which we believe may be of interest to you.
It may also be used for
* Any purposes for which it was requested.
* Directly related purposes.
If you do not want Global Children Care to communicate with you about activities other than the specific one you engaged in
* Please either send us an email at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address your email as follows: to the Attention of Donor Requests.
* Or you may write to us as follows:
Global Children Care
P O Box A 2434
Sydney South 1235 NSW Australia
If you choose to give us your email address, we will try to communicate with you via email for administrative purposes directly related to your donation.
Periodically we will send you email newsletters and other email regarding Global Children Care’s other programs, where you elect to opt-in, which may be via our website, or other request. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters via links in the newsletter. Global Children Care may send you offers relating to the products and services of organizations that also provide financial sponsorship support to Global Children Care. We do not disclose your personal information to these organizations. We do not rent, sell or give your information to other organizations without your direct consent. If you take advantage of any offer from a third party organization, communicated via Global Children Care and you become their customer, they may send offers to you.
When We Disclose Personal information
Later on when we introduce our individual child sponsorship program (this will occur when we have raised a certain amount of donor funds specifically to support our programs) and if at a later date you become a child sponsor, personal details such as your name and address will be given to the Global Children Care office in the country where your sponsored child lives, so that they can send you annual progress reports and so that your sponsored child can respond to any correspondence you may send via our Correspondence Dept.
In order to ensure your privacy in countries outside Australia we depend on you following our guidelines as issued from time to time, with regard in the future to communicating with and visiting any child you might choose to sponsor.
In order to communicate with you in relation to the activities of Global Children Care, we may disclose your personal information to external organizations. The functions of such external organizations:
* Mailing operations
* Email services
* Information technology services
* Telecommunication services
* Marketing analysis services
* Market research
* Website usage analysis
* Call centre operations that specialize in raising funds for nonprofit charities such as Global Children Care and its sister charity Global Children Care USA
* Payment of donations
We take reasonable steps to ensure these external organizations are contractually bound to privacy and confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information and that it is only used for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Who We may Disclose Your Information To
We may disclose your personal information to:
* Credit providers.
* Credit reporting and fraud checking organizations.
* An authorized legal representative nominated by you.
* Law enforcement, government or other organizations, as required by law, particularly in relation to protecting the privacy and protection of children.
* At a later date when we are legally required to do so, we may ask you to provide information so we can organize security and police checks if you wish to visit your sponsored/ scholarship child in an overseas country.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will keep and use your information after you have provided a donation, or interacted in some other way with Global Children Care. How long we hold and use the information after you have ceased donating or interacting with us will depend on the type of interaction you had with Global Children Care and any requirements under law.
Privacy And The Internet
Our online surveys may ask for contact information as well as some demographic information, to find out what we can do to better meet your needs.
Global Children Care collects statistics on visitor traffic to our websites. All such statistics are anonymous and do not identify specific visitors. Some of our web traffic reports are created by using website monitoring conducted by Advam.
We may anonymously track your visit to our website by using ‘cookies’ which are provided by a third party. This enables us to compile statistical information about the use of our website. If you prefer not to allow the use of ‘cookies’, you may be able to adjust your browser to turn them off or notify you when ‘cookies’ are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or take advantage of certain features on our website.
Protecting information provided via the Internet
Our site uses security encrypted response forms when personal and financial details are requested. The security we use between your browser and our web-site is 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. A security icon visible at the bottom of your screen e.g. a padlock, confirms that your browser supports SSL security it is also posted on our donate on line page and clearly visible.
Double click on the security icon to verify the security certificate on this website. You will then see a box which displays who the certificate is issued to, who it was issued by and the period of validity of the certificate.
Links with other sites
Global Children Care website contains links to other sites. Other sites may also have links to our website. In either case, we are not responsible for the content, privacy practices or business practices of any website or company except our own. We do exercise discernment in who we allow to link to our site.
Contacting Us About Privacy
If you have any questions about our privacy statement or if you have a complaint about a breach of your privacy, you can contact our Privacy Officer by either:
* Email a request to : email@example.com
marked to The Attention of: Privacy Officer.
* Or Mail a request to:
Global Children Care
P O Box A 2434
Sydney South 1235 NSW Australia.
Your Role In Making Security Work For Us
Whenever you use your computer to access the Internet or the World Wide Web, you need to play your part in protecting your own information.
Global Children Care has taken care to simplify the actions needed to secure any information you give to us through our website, however as a general rule, you need to take measures to protect yourself and your computer to prevent others from gaining access to your computer and the information contained within it.
When you make a donation or use our website to send us any personal information, you should:
* Thoroughly read the Privacy and Security Statement we provide on our website.
* Be responsible for your own computer, anti-virus and anti-spyware measures and security precautions.
* Ensure you exit Global Children Care and Global Children Care USA linked donation pages or order forms completely when you are finished with them.
Our site uses security encrypted response forms when personal and financial details are required. The security we use between your browser and our website is 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption.
To confirm that your browser supports SSL security, you should see a yellow solid key on a blue background (Netscape) or a yellow padlock (Netscape or Internet Explorer) at the bottom left or right corner of your browser.
If you would like to verify the security certificate on this website, double click on the padlock. You will then see a box which displays who the certificate is issued to, who it is issued by and the period of validity of the certificate.
Global Children Care is a registered nonprofit charitable incorporated association founded and registered under Australian Government Law in the State of New South Wales in Australia and Global Children Care USA its sister foundation in the United States is registered as a charitable nonprofit project of United Charitable in Virginia USA and has been approved under the US Government as a nonprofit foundation and has been approved under US Federal Tax Laws the right to offer a Tax Deduction to US Citizens, foundations and corporations for their donations.
Computer viruses are a problem for the community as a whole and for many individuals in particular. Due to our security systems, Global Children Care and Global Children Care USA United Charitable internet security will not be affected by most viruses. Nevertheless, we suggest you follow these steps to minimize any risks to your computer:
* New viruses are constantly appearing and you can prevent problems by ensuring you always use sensible virus protection measures.
* Ensure that you have the latest available updates and anti-virus definitions for your anti-virus software. Unless your software is kept up to date it will quickly lose its ability to combat new viruses.
* You should regularly scan your computer with anti-virus software to ensure your system is not infected by a virus.
* Be suspicious of emails. Avoid opening, running, installing or using programs or files sent to you by a person or organization that you do not know. Be particularly careful of unsolicited email containing file attachments.
* Always scan new programs/files for viruses before opening, running, installing or using them.
‘Spyware’ is the collective name given to software that can be used to secretly obtain information from computers.
Like some virus type programs, it can be deployed without your knowledge and may be used to capture, for example, passwords you use for other web sites. It is important to realize that most anti-virus software programs do not detect ‘spyware’.
You can obtain information on ‘spyware’ detection tools, from the following websites:
Note that Global Children Care /Global Children Care USA at the United Charitable in the United States does not warrant any information contained in the above mentioned websites.